Wheel AlignmentFor auto service you can trust, stop by one of our neighborhood stores. Our Just Tires technicians will gladly help you make the right choice for you and your vehicle. MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
WHAT WHEEL ALIGNMENT IS AND WHY YOU NEED IT
When potholes, curbs, and even routine road wear knock your car wheels out of alignment, the results can range from the subtle (tires that wear prematurely) to dramatic (poor handling).
Think your wheels may need adjusting? Come see us for a free alignment check. We’ll help make sure you’re getting the most from your tire investment, so you can enjoy the road (and the destination) uninterrupted.
How do I know I need my wheels aligned?
- Your tires or tread are worn on one edge—the surest sign of misaligned wheels.
- Your vehicle pulls left or right when you’re cruising a straight, smooth road.
- Your steering wheel shimmies, feels loose, or is hard to turn.
Wheel Alignment Services
Free Alignment Check
During our Free Alignment Check, we use state-of-the-art diagnostic tools to see if your wheels meet your vehicle manufacturer’s precise alignment specifications. This complimentary service includes:
- Measuring your vehicle's wheel angles to determine if they are perpendicular to the ground and parallel to each other
- Inspecting your tires, suspension, and steering components for damage or wear
If it turns out you need an alignment, our experienced technicians will carefully restore your wheels to their proper alignment. This service includes:
- Making front-end and/or rear-end mechanical alignment adjustments
- Verifying that your new alignment readings meet your vehicle manufacturer's specifications (if applicable)
3-Year Alignment Program
Opt in to our 3-Year Alignment package for a thorough alignment check and maintenance every 6 months or 6,000 miles (whichever comes first), and save up to $300.00 more than if you were to pay for each alignment individually.
The 3-Year Alignment program includes the following services:
- A thorough alignment check
- Careful inspection of your tire condition, air pressure, steering, and suspension
- A detailed printout of our alignment test readings for your records
- Front-end and/or rear-end mechanical adjustments, if needed
- A series of electronic and road tests to confirm that our alignments meet your vehicle manufacturer’s specifications
- A nationwide limited warranty for coverage no matter where you go
ABOUT OUR WHEEL ALIGNMENT SERVICE
What’s included with our Wheel Alignment service?
First, we’ll use state-of-the-art diagnostic tools to see if your wheels meet your vehicle manufacturer’s precise alignment specifications. If it turns out you need an alignment, we’ll:
- Make front-end and/or rear-end mechanical alignment adjustments
- Verify that your new alignment readings meet your vehicle manufacturer's specifications (if applicable)
Why is a wheel alignment important?
Proper wheel alignment creates a smoother ride by minimizing steering pull and vehicle wander. It also can save you hundreds of dollars on replacing tires due to premature tread wear.
How often should I get a wheel alignment?
Most manufacturers recommend getting a four-wheel alignment at least once a year. Other times you may need a four-wheel or front-end alignment include:
- After you’ve had a new set of tires is installed
- After you’ve hit a bad pothole or steep curb
- After you’ve been in an accident or collision
FAQS: Ask a mechanic
Tire balancing (or wheel balancing) and tire alignment are two different services that can fix inconsistencies your vehicle develops over time. Tire balancing corrects an unevenness in your tires, which is commonly caused over time by tread wear. Tire balance and rotation is recommended every 3,000-6,000 miles or 6 months—or when you experience unusual vibration.
Tire alignment corrects the angle of your wheels by adjusting your vehicle’s suspension. This helps maintain proper tread wear and precise steering. Your tire alignment should be checked annually, or when you notice abnormal tire wear, a crooked steering wheel, or a drift in the steering system.